Gratitude Wednesday got displaced this week due to the big story about the HCPSS budget audit. I'm going to give it a shot today.
(Please note: there's plenty more to write on the HCPSS front, I'm deliberately doing something different today because there's such a thing as crisis overkill. We all need a break, at least for today.)
This week I'm grateful for:
- The Columbia Flier/Howard County Times and the news that reporter Lisa Philip is back from a month on leave.
- Daily photographs of construction of the Chrysalis in Merriweather Park in Symphony Woods.
- Coffee and occasional chocolate in the staff kitchen at work.
- The Oakland Mills Farmers' Market. Did you know we are the only Columbia Village Center with its own Farmers Market? (Thanks, Sandy Cederbaum!)
- Mimi's Kabob in Clarksville. It's conveniently located halfway between where I work and my house. Instant dinner rescue.
- Responsive public servants. Gotta love 'em.