Live from my place of business, it’s Village Green/Town²! I rolled in to work at 5:07 after dropping my daughter off for the choir trip to Boston at 4:40 am. Actually, it was closer to 4:30. She’s a musician, she likes to be early. It made no sense for me to go back home.
Today seemed like a good day to try that gratitude thing (yawn!) so let’s have a little Thankful Thursday, shall we?
Today I’m thankful for:
- The reliable alarm on my iPad that woke me up on time.
- The 7-11 in Ashton that is open 24/7 and had fresh coffee available.
- My digital edition of the Columbia Flyer that shows up in my inbox at five am.
- Coffee. Did I mention coffee?
- Nina Basu and the Inner Arbor Trust for putting together an amazing team for summer programming at the Chrysalis. (More on that tomorrow)
- All the hardworking members of my Village who are working on the Oakland Mills 50th Birthday celebration.
- The River Hill Guitar Ensemble and their Director Richard McCready for offering their annual free Guitarpalooza concert tonight at 7 pm at RHHS. The most fun you can have at school!
- All the folks who participated in my Testimonial post for Cindy Vaillancourt and those who offered supportive comments.
- Sunny Spring weather and extra time on the playground.
- “My new Raise the Roof!” Merriweather t-shirt from the Downtown Arts and Culture Commission. So cool,
I will attempt to remain thankful for the rest of the day. When we turn out the lights at rest time, though, I may be in trouble..,