Another day, another mystery.
Screenshot from Bluesky
Who or what is RingJing? I’ve never heard of this company before. Here’s how they describe themselves on BlueSky:
Okay, they have a website. They have an “About Us” page. But it doesn’t tell me who they are. This drives me nuts. If you want me to trust your product and the information you disperse - - tell me who you are.
You wouldn’t drink water if you didn’t know its source. Especially today, when so much of what we see is the result of an aggregator on the other side of the planet or unadulterated AI slop.
A simple Google search shows that the only information available about RingJing is the company’s own website. So, naturally, the Google AI function is attempting to extrapolate that tiny bit of information into an entire explanation.
Ugh.
It is operated by its own RingJing Editorial Team.
Okay? They have an editorial team.
Who are they? Are they local? Are they also the owners? Is RingJing a HoCoLocal mom and pop operation or a cog in a worldwide business relying largely on bots?
What is their business model? How do they make their money?
I’m beginning to wonder if I’m the only person in the world who still cares about this stuff. It’s really simple: if I’m a consumer I want to know the source of what I am consuming.
Kind of like…commercial produce, I guess. It matters where it comes from.
Anyway, I hope your Monday is less of a mystery than mine. Unless, that is, you like mysteries.




Please do not submit comments here. This function will be disabled shortly. Use the link above instead. Thanks!
ReplyDelete