Oddly enough, I was in the same place a year ago: crushed by the accumulated weight of fear and hopelessness. And yet…
A Glimmer, Village Green/Town², 8/13/2026
- - Loryn Brantz
Yesterday morning I sat outside of Roggenart having an iced coffee date with a dear friend and for a moment the world felt benevolent. The sky was clear and there was a gentle breeze. She gave me a book recommendation and I told her about a BBC radio show I’ve recently discovered.
There were delightful pastries involved, of course.
For that hour or so we might have been on vacation at some resort location, rather than doing the Columbia/HoCo thing of eating while looking at one’s car. It’s funny that something so simple could feel so deeply transformative. I’m not sure if I came away feeling like a whole new person or with the reminder of the whole person I really am.
How easy it is to lose oneself in a world of fear.

Please do not submit comments here. This function will be disabled shortly. Use the link above instead. Thanks!
ReplyDelete