I am currently wrestling with two - - yes, two! - - posts that I told myself I really wanted to write which are both kicking my butt.
So, let’s talk about benches. Maybe I should call it “Benches Redux: The Remake.”
For some reason I seem to attract social media content about benches, largely from the UK. This one is my current favorite:
Lucy Davies: 1975 - ?
Not dead yet
Just loves the bench
I don’t know Lucy (and she is a good sight younger than I am) but I already like her. I, too, am “not dead yet” but I love benches.
I certainly love benches more than walking, which is a continuing challenge. A friend has lent me a book entitled 52 Ways to Walk. Perhaps I can incorporate my love of benches with my reading of the book.
Each chapter could be part of an adventure:
- Leave house.
- Seek out a park or other natural environment that has benches.
- Walk to said bench.
- Read one chapter.
- Enjoy natural surroundings.
- Reflect on reading.
Is there an entirely different book to be written here? I’m thinking “52 Benches in Columbia/HoCo.”
Dedication page to read: Not dead yet, just on a quest to find the best benches.
Who am I kidding? When you dislike walking, every bench is the best bench.
I have tried a million ways to get myself walking and it never seems to stick. Perhaps a quest. Perhaps the enticement of a cozy bench from which to take in the natural world will fool my brain into trying yet again. Hope springs eternal.
Do you have any favorite HoCoLocal benches? I’m open for suggestions.


Comments
Post a Comment