Ugh, ugh, ugh.
This would be a great day for a lighthearted post bursting with local color. Something quirky and fun. A bit of human interest. Historical anecdotes or perhaps a walk through one of Columbia's villages with an eye to something unexpected.
Don't have it.
What I do have:
- A County Council bogged down in the weeds of the hcpss budget, stuck in a position they never should have been in.
- A special education teacher describing the horrifying effects that cuts to in-classroom staff are having on students and teachers.
- An article about "noise at Merriweather" in which complainants "make demands" even though all collected data says noise didn't exceed legal levels, and that even drags out Barbara Russell. (What year is this?)
- We're still finding mold in our schools.
- CA had to cancel Dog Day Afternoon because of all the rain we've been having.
Give me a break!
Here are a few crumbs of happiness that are keeping me going this morning: my neighbors' 'adopted' toad "Flower" has returned for a second season, our azalea is in bloom and it's gorgeous, our neighbors' new baby is adorable, my daughter has her first solo with Leading Ladies in their Hawkapella Concert tonight, the Farmers Market in Oakland Mills is off to a great start, and I saw a neighbor on the way home yesterday, which resulted in a goofy grin face-off at the stoplight.
That's all I've got.
Update: a dear friend received the news this morning that she is now cancer-free. What a wonderful day it is, after all.