The big news in Howard County is feeling rather bleak this morning. I need some time to process it.
Here’s the little news.
On HCC’s Dragon Podcast channel, the current episode of Razzle Dazzle Radio features HoCoLocal performers MaryKate Brouillet and Patrick Gover.
For tips on how to give your best audition for that special part in a play or musical, tune into the latest edition of Razzle Dazzle Radio. Leading local actors MaryKate Brouillet and Patrick Gover share their experiences playing lead roles at Toby's Dinner Theatre - - including Mary Kate as Regina George, the meanest of the Mean Girls cast. Patrick remembers growing up in a musical family with six siblings, starting piano lessuns at five years old, and being coached by Toby Orenstein for his role as Rocky Balboa in Rocky. With lots to learn and laughs galore, it’s a must-listen!
Bonus: it looks like their logo art was created by a real human.
Indie bookstore Queen Takes Book is hosting a fundraiser for local nonprofit CAMOMs - - Columbia Area Mothers of Multiples. It starts today and runs through Friday, 8/14.
Check out this awesome deal! Looking for new books for back to school or to close out your summer reading? Get them from @queentakesbook and 10% of the proceeds go to CAMOM! Just mention CAMOM at checkout.
I don’t know anything about this business but their small, homegrown promotional video on YouTube caught my attention. No AI slop here.
Howard County FLASH Extension coming September 8th.
Starting September 8, Flash US 29 will expand into Howard
County with four new stops on Flash Blue:
- Maple Lawn Blvd
- APL Johns Hopkins Rd
- Columbia-Little Patuxent Pkwy
- Columbia-Merriweather Dr
Service will run on weekdays only:
AM Peak: 5:00 AM to 9:00 AM
PM Peak: 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Remember the Double Dutch Club? I chanced upon this short video (40 seconds) highlighting the activities of our local Columbia Club.
What was your experience of yesterday’s storm? I realized this morning that I hadn’t thought of Ellicott City even once and felt rather guilty. I’m guessing they weren’t in the path of the storm because I haven’t seen anything Ellicott City related this morning. (Please correct me if I’m wrong.)
One last thing. Today would be a great day to donate to support the good works of Grassroots Crisis Intervention Center.







Please do not submit comments here. This function will be disabled shortly. Use the link above instead. Thanks!
ReplyDelete