It's Sunday and all the dribs and drabs of unfinished topics and ideas are lurking in the fridge. Time to lay them out for a hodgepodge buffet. Take your pick from undeveloped premises, one-sentence theories, arch pronouncements without a thesis statement, overly candid confessions, and as-yet unresearched claims.
I can't vouch for how well they'll go together. A little catsup or HP Sauce should help. Perhaps some Sriracha.
This week's offerings:
- Tales from the Second Chance Saloon
- Why we give a lion the benefit of the doubt
- Mental health issues and families
- The Marketing Committee vs. The Neighborhood Enhancement Advisory Committee in Oakland Mills
- The strange case of the traveling squirrel corpse
- The Nutritional Standards controversy as a Gilbert and Sullivan operetta
- All the jobs I am not qualified to do, or stories from the job hunt.
I hope you've enjoyed this glimpse into a blogger's intellectual pantry, as it were. Even when I say I can't think of anything to write about, there are always at least a handful of stub-ends of topics vying for attention. Sometimes they work their way into a whole post.
Sometimes they're just dishes in a Sunday buffet.