Have you seen the Baltimore Valentines, designed by Baltimore Sun reporters? Take a look. There are twenty six different Baltimore-centric cards, each playing with a well-known Baltimore theme, but in an old-school Class Valentine sort of way. Some examples: the runaway blimp, the Domino Sugar sign, a Bal'mer Hon with signature beehive hairdo, Edgar Allen Poe, the Orioles, and the Ravens.
What if we had similar comedic Valentines for Columbia/Howard County? What well-known people, places, and stories should we feature? Some preliminary thoughts:
- Merriweather: They're playing our song, Valentine. Or perhaps, let's raise the roof on Valentine's Day.
- People Tree: You're my kind of people, Valentine.
- Pink Rabbit: Valentine, you make me hoppy!
- Snow Plow Tracker: I won't stop til I find you, sweetiepie.
- George Howard Building Vending Machines: I'm hungry for your craveable love.
- HoCo Unsweeted: You're sweet enough for me, honey.
- IAT Chrysalis: You put the Symphony in my Woods, baby.
- Sculptures outside the Metropolitan: Our love is in bloom.
- Council Member and all around friendly guy Calvin Ball: Give me a hug, Valentine.
- County Executive and Polar Bear Plunger Alan Kittleman: Icy Waters won't quench my love, Valentine.
It is Valentine's Day, after all. Have a good one!