Things that feel good:
- Finally getting to eat at Curry and Kabob in Wilde Lake. Enjoying the Wilde Lake Village Center. Seeing the young people and families who turn up on a Friday night.
- Lavenia Nesmith singing at the Chrysalis with an amazing group of back up musicians.
- A hint of Fall in the air. A gorgeous night sky.
- A link that takes me to someone fiercely defending me online.
- Watching devoted professionals care for infants. They are amazing!
- Seeing the Oakland Mills Dunkin Donuts move closer to completion.
- Driving down Little Patuxent Parkway in the early evening and feeling like it’s both an old familiar friend and a new exciting creation.
- My neighbor’s new sign.
- People who stand up for equity and inclusion,
- The weekend.
After a rather bumpy week on many fronts, I’m going to push back a little with some positivity. I’m not trying to block out or ignore what’s difficult. I’m determined to nourish myself enough that I can jump back in to doing what’s important.
As always, I’m interested in your own lists of Columbia/HoCo things that feel good. A shared repository of positivity can’t hurt, right?