What’s the scoop?
I caught this quick video about a place called Sweet Finishes on YouTube and I realized that I had no idea where it was.
Aha! The Business Monthly covered their opening in June. Apparently they’re in the TCBY* space on Snowden. Have you been there? Any recommendations?
You can find Sweet Finishes on Instagram but, at the moment, they’re pushing out a bunch of AI slop so I’m not going to link to that here. Here’s a menu I found online if you are curious. (Their use of fonts made my eyeballs itch.)
Sweet Finishes is an independent, Black-owned business in Columbia, a place where we bemoan the proliferation of chains yet somehow inexplicably fail to patronize the mom and pops. I hope they’ll be able to succeed in their new incarnation.
There’s talk on Reddit that Meadows in Hickory Ridge is going to close due to issues with Kimco. I thought I had heard long ago that the current Meadows owner wanted to retire and was looking for someone to take it over. I am clearly out of the loop on this.
As you may imagine, this stirred up the usual discussion about how Kimco wants to drive out the smaller tenants and run the village center into the ground so that they can raze it and do with it what they will. It hasn’t quite reached the “evil villain twists mustache” level but, around here, it doesn’t take much.
Just because there’s talk on Reddit isn’t proof positive that I have all the facts here. Are you a Meadows fan? Do you know more about this? And what’s your favorite thing to order when you stop in?
It’s Saturday, so don’t forget to support your local markets!
*The owners, Calvin Smith and Tosha Clark, previously owned and operated the TCBY franchise in that spot.

Comments
Post a Comment