Ah, December! Your email in-box is filling up with manic offers from retailers--free shipping! amazing discounts! last minute deals! And appeals for end-of-year giving--you can make a difference! we celebrate your commitment! help us sustain our good works!
Somebody turn down the noise already.
Well, I can help. Forget all that for a minute, and consider my wish list. It'll take your mind off all that other nonsense.
Top Five Christmas Wishes, 2014:
5. Monty and Mabel, plush. From the heartwarming John Lewis advert. They sold out in less than 24 hours. Now they're being hawked on eBay for exhorbitant prices.
4. Bean bag couch bed. Doesn't really exist. Just a prototype. I want one.
3. 6116 Encounter Row. Coolest house in Oakland Mills. Currently listed at $475,000.00. And conveniently located down the street from my daughter and son-in law.
2. Bridge Columbia. It never hurts to have a few big-ticket items on your list. Besides, it's useful and the whole family could share it.
1. Inner Arbor/Symphony Woods. Yes, I really, really want it, and I promise I will play with it for more than just a few months and just discard it.
So there you have it. No screamingly large headlines selling to you in all caps. No heart-wrenching stories of deprivation. Just a moment of whimsy in your now, now, now, now season.
What's on your wish list?
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.