So I did make it to Icing on the Cake to pick up a couple of Rowan’s Dream cupcakes. I had a lovely chat with the folks over there and was glad I finally got the motivation to try them out.
Icing on the Cake opened in (approximately) December of 2023 and I’ve seen great comments about them from locals on social media. I have no excuse for why their rave reviews didn’t get me out of my house earlier. Possibly it’s because cupcakes are a want-to-have and not a need-to-have.
I do have a question for you. I don’t think I understand that parking lot at all.
According to the available signage, you cannot visit any of the businesses on the left side of this photo without taking a free trip around the business on the right side. Am I doing this wrong? Does Victoria Gastropub really want all these extraneous cars doing the loop around their restaurant?
If there’s a better way to do this or if you can explain why this makes sense, please let me know.
I’ve written about local parking lots before, notably my complaints about parking lot roulette. I suspect I’ve never written about truly great parking lots because, if they’re good, you don’t even notice them.
But are there some local parking lots that are so bad that you stop patronizing businesses you like?
And, while we are at it - - here’s a fascinating thread on the Columbia Reddit about the parking garage at Wegmans. It starts like this:





Comments
Post a Comment