I had something entirely different planned for today and then I saw this reel from the Ellicott City Partnership. I can’t embed it here so you will need to click the link below. It’s a promo for this Saturday’s activities in Old Ellicott City:
Please forgive my amateurish screenshot here.
It begins:
You know what UMBC, CCBC, AND HCC have in common? Y’all don’t have anything to do this Saturday!
The young man in the video then lays out all the possibilities - - Farmer’s Market, Music Festival, Flea Market. He tells you the times of each and he shows you where they will take place.
This is brilliant. You know who are always looking for fun things to do on the weekends? College students. You know who are young and energetic enough to take on a Farmer’s Market, a Music Festival, and a Flea Market all in one day? College students. You know who are looking for real life experiences that are free or don’t cost a ton of money?
College students!
While we are at it, you know who I’d like to see care about Old Ellicott City and be invested in its future? Yep. Young people. Like college students, for instance.
Brilliant.
I think (but have not verified) that the young man in the center of this video is Howard County’s own Gavin Lampasone. I mentioned him back in June in connection with the Juneteenth celebration at the Harriet Tubman Cultural Center.
* The problem with writing at five am is that it is highly discourteous to reach out to normal people for confirmation at that hour. The problem with my brain is that it only wants to write at five am.




Please do not submit comments here. This function will be disabled shortly. Use the link above instead. Thanks!
ReplyDelete