On August 31st, after the second day of school, I spotted the question of a concerned parent wanting to know if students were being led through the Pledge of Allegiance because theirs hadn’t been.
The conversation which followed contained the usual.
- Mine have.
- It’s early yet.
- Why do you ask?
- That’s not my biggest concern right now.
- Ooh. This is important. We have to keep an eye on this.
- If you don’t like it here, go to_____________.
- If you disagree you don’t have a right to be here.
- Go back where you came from.