How are the young folks doing? Well, here’s a shoutout to some hocolocals who started here and are pursuing their dreams in the arts, notably in the field of music.
I mentioned musical theatre performers MaryKate Brouillet and Patrick Gover the other day. Both have performed regularly at Toby’s in Columbia.
Gover’s older brother Vincent is an opera singer, actor, and composer.
Sara Beth Driver performs regularly in the area, often in Silver Spring. She’s a singer, songwriter, and acoustic guitarist.
Marissa Zechinato, a 2026 Bernard/Ebb Songwriting Awards finalist, has a gig tomorrow night at Cured.
Farther afield, Gallant is out on tour in Canada.
I promised myself yesterday that I’d write about something today that made me happy. Seeing these kids (not kids anymore, oops) doing what they love gives me a sense of hope.







Please do not submit comments here. This function will be disabled shortly. Use the link above instead. Thanks!
ReplyDelete