Trees. I’ve decided that trees are at the center of the HoCoLocal universe.
The county runs an annual tree giveaway.
And don’t forget how every new project in town must face the outcry over trees being removed. This includes false accusations that trees in Symhony Woods were decimated to build the Merriweather District. (The Merriweather District isn’t in Symphony Woods.)
Yes, trees are important. Much of our existence is intertwined with them.
That’s why these two recent stories caught my eye.
Let me tell you what happens when you gather information for blog posts at five am. You start seeing connections between stories that may be completely unrelated. So now I’m envisioning the peaceful afterlife of becoming a tree punctuated by the efficiency of being processed in a nearby plant.
Oof. That’s a rather abrupt cut off.
And now I’m imagining the pleasant young lady in the first photo, above, handing off a pot and saying, “That’s Grandma!”
I think I need to go back to bed. Have a great Monday and make sure to be kind to trees. Someday they might be someone you know.





Please do not submit comments here. This function will be disabled shortly. Use the link above instead. Thanks!
ReplyDelete