Scrolling through Twitter, looking for blog topics, I saw this tidbit:
Howard county has the best schools but the worst drivers.
No elaboration, no explanation. That’s it, that’s the tweet.
I do think we have pretty great schools, although they’re under a crushing amount of stress at the moment. But, the worst drivers? What do you you think?
Particulars aside, I thought the format of the tweet would make for an entertaining pastime. What’s your best and worst of Howard County? Columbia, even?
Of course it’s important to stress that any such statement is an over-generalization by default. And I’m loath to make statements that are outright mean-spirited. With that being said, what are some things that occur to you, right off the top of your head?
- Columbia has the best pathways but the worst walkability.
- Howard County has the best neighborhoods but the worst affordability.
- Columbia has the best aspirations but the worst execution. (Okay, this borders on being too harsh.)
- Howard County has the best young journalists but the worst parent newspaper owner.
- Columbia has the best street names but the worst street names.
- Howard County has the best library system but the worst variety of bookstores.