There’s been some seasonal joking about those holiday movies for which Hallmark is famous. Their formula has been solidifying over the years to the point where it has become a meme.
I thought it might be fun to give this a local twist. Let’s replace the Green section with “returns to Columbia/HoCo”.
New let’s add some new choices:
- To save the family farm
- To sell off the family’s original Columbia home
- To liquidate a struggling Village Center
- To get the family business in Old Ellicott City back on its feet
- To challenge a decision by the planning board
Now let’s work some romantic magic as our protagonist “magically falls in love” with:
- An embattled member of the school board
- A member of the Howard Hughes Merriweather District team
- A beloved pastor of an interfaith center congregation
- A visionary food entrepreneur at the Common Kitchen
- An environmental activist
Let’s add a category - - local settings:
- Howard County fairgrounds
- Main Street EC
- The Chrysalis
- People Tree
- Enchanted Forest at Clarks Elioak Farm
Ok, folks! Get to work. Mix and match and tell me what you’ve got.
What else would you add? Did you end up with a movie you would watch? Who would you cast?
Ice and Fire Festival Advent Calendar