I have written more than a few Teacher Appreciation Week blog posts. This year the thought of it seems ludicrous. Teachers have endured the worst year of their professional careers while being lambasted on social media at the same time. They have worked longer and harder while being called selfish and lazy.
So now it’s Teacher Appreciation Week. Thanks a lot. Have a donut.
Not so fast, folks. I’m talking to those of you who have made teachers’ lives miserable during the pandemic. You don’t get to send in some muffins and go on your merry way, no sir.
Maybe this year we should have Teacher Apology Week. It’s about time that teachers got the apologies they most certainly have coming to them.
- I’m sorry I said you don’t care about kids.
- I’m sorry I said you wanted distance learning because it was “less work”.
- I’m sorry I belittled your union representation.
- I’m sorry I interrupted your hybrid learning lesson to argue and complain.
- I’m sorry I treated your health concerns as inconsequential.